Please NOTE: Currently, we are not accepting any new NHS patients.
Fees and Policy
You are entitled to free NHS dental treatment, and exempt from paying if you are:
- under 18
- under 19 and in full-time education
- pregnant or you’ve had a baby within the 12 months before treatment starts
- staying in an NHS hospital and the hospital dentist carries out your treatment
- an NHS Hospital Dental Service outpatient (although you may have to pay for your dentures or bridges)
Also if you are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit guarantee credit or Universal credit (check entitlement after October 31 2014)
- Or if you’re named on, or entitled to, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- Or if you’re named on a valid HC2 certificate
- If you're named on a valid HC3 certificate, you may not have to pay for all your NHS dental treatment. HC2 and HC3 certificates are issued under the NHS Low Income Scheme.
You will not be exempt from paying for NHS dental treatment if you receive one of the benefits below when paid on their own:
- Incapacity Benefit
- contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Council Tax Benefit
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit savings credit
If you are not exempt from charges, you should pay one of the following charges for each course of treatment you receive:
Band 1 course of treatment – £21.60
This covers an examination, diagnosis (eg X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if needed, and application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant. If you require urgent care, even if your urgent treatment needs more than one appointment to complete, you will only need to pay one Band 1 charge.
Band 2 course of treatment – £59.10
This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or if your dentist needs to take out one or more of your teeth.
Band 3 course of treatment – £256.50
This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures and bridges.
Private Treatment Fees
New Patient Examination
Routine(existing patient )Examination
£35 (includes all the X-rays needed)
|Dental hygiene treatment(cleaning)||£55|
|Tooth Whitenning (Home whitening)||From £325|
|Amalgam (silver fillings )||from||£90-£150|
|Root canal treatments||from||£250.00 to £450|
|Composite(White) Fillings||from||£90.00 to £170.00(depending on the size of the filling)|
|Children Examination||£20 (free with every registered adult for children under the age of 16)|
|Baby tooth filling||£40|
|Adult tooth filling||from||£80|
The prices might vary from patient to patient depending on the complexity of treatments.It is best to discuss it with the dentist at your consultation appoinment.
We are happy to accept the following methods for payment of fees:
- Card Payment (All UK Debit and Credit cards are accepted excluding American Express)
Cancellations and Failure to Attend Policy
If your appointment time becomes inconvenient for you, we are always happy to change it if you provide us with two business days' notice. This allows us to schedule in a patient who may be in urgent need of dental care.
Missed appointments and late cancellations represent a cost to the Practice, to you and to other patients who could have been seen in the time set aside for you.
We strive to accomodate the appointment needs of our patients and make every effort to keep on time for appointments scheduled.
Failure to provide us with 2 business days advance notice or failure to present for a scheduled appoinment may result in a cancellation or no-show fee.
Under the NHS regulations, we are unable to charge NHS patients who fail to attend for their appointments or who cancel at short notice (less than 48 hours is insufficient notice), however we do have right to refuse to see them again if they missed or cancel at short notice twice or more.
Thank you for understanding,
Sistova Road Denal Studio Team