We are here for you! Useful tips for dental care and emergencies during the COVID-19 pandemic. TOOTACHE.
Following the Government advice Sistova Road Dental Studio is temporarily closed, and we are only available for remote support and guidance for our patients. Due to the current pandemic of COVID-19 unfortunately we can no longer offer face to face appointments, however we are still available to help you with an emergency dental issue.
Except our email and phone support, we’ve created some useful tips to help you, if you’re experiencing some dental problems at home.
The most common dental problem is toothache. There is many reasons for it and without dental visit it might be difficult to determinate what is a cause of the dental pain but we recommend you follow this advice to stop it or minimise it as much as possible:
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly and comprehensively, you can also rub toothpaste directly to the affected tooth.
- Massage the gum around the tooth so this can help ease pain.
- Avoid extreme temperatures, such as very cold drinks or ice creams or extra hot food or tea.
- Avoid sugars in your diet or acidic foods, especially sweets or fizzy drinks as they can cause or increase the pain.
- Take over-the-counter painkillers for example paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- Use over-the-counter anaesthetic gel, to help relieve the pain.
- Keep your head up during the sleep. Lying down might increase blood pressure in the tooth and cause pain.
- Keep the area cold. You can use ice or frozen products. Please, don’t apply ice directly to the tooth to prevent tissue damage or increasing the pain.
If your toothache is causing you excruciating pain, a loss of sleep and the above steps haven’t helped, contact us so we can guide you further.